t h e | p o s s é
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Story Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tempest
Tempest

● Gender : Female
❤ Mate : Valor ♥
Treasure Treasure : 500

Story Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Story Ideas   Story Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 12:10 pm

Premise:
Several villages are set alight and are terrorized by a great dragon who has lost everything. For the sake of his people, a man climbs the dragon's tower to plead with him to leave his village. The dragon, lonely and spiteful, asks what the man would sacrifice for his people. The man, being honourable, says anything he can offer. The dragon asks, "Would you give up your body, and take instead the form of a beast?" The man agrees, but the dragon states that, "You must promise on the lives of your people to never seek my destruction or to meddle in my affairs." In turn, the man tells the dragon, "To leave his village in peace." So the man kisses the dragon's snout, and they switch forms. The man taking consciousness over a beast with wicked talons, great wings and flaming breathe. The man who was previously a dragon leaves and is never seen by it's folk again.

Years upon years pass, and the new dragon becomes lonely and frustrated (perhaps at seeing him children grow old and die?). The people who once loved him now fear him, so he resides in his tower for an eternity.

Until one day.

It is said a great war has started in the east, where great kingdoms have risen. The village that the dragon watches over is called for, it's men and women being drafted into the army. A girl, desperate and fearing for her brother's life (who was drafted into the army), heard tales of the dragon and the man who had pleaded with it once, and does not believe that the man from before had died. She climbed the tower and met the dragon. At first, terrified. Then she learns that she was right. The dragon is the man from the stories. Her company is welcomed by the dragon once he realises just how brave this lass is, and how much she reminds him of himself before he became lonely. She tells him of how the world is at war, and pleads for his help. The dragon feels the stirrings of loyalty to what was once him home, and swears to protect it.

"You are a good man."
"It's been a long time since I've been called either of those things."

Most of their time will be spent helping villages, saving folks from disaster, gaining allies and eventually finding the girl's brother and either witnessing or saving him from his fate.

At one point, he is told of the High King, who is supposedly ageless. At the time he thinks nothing of this, until he sees the High King himself, and it is he... or rather, who he once was, the man he was born to be, not the dragon he became.

The girl, having come from a small village, had never seen the King either, however they find a really dusty old portrait of the man before he was a dragon. "You were very handsome."

Toward the end, for some reason the dragon must sacrifice himself. But as he is dying, someone performs the Dragon's Kiss, and is the one who dies bleeding upon the rocks. The end.
Back to top Go down
http://distant-bloods-pack.forumotion.com/

Story Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
t h e | p o s s é :: g e n e r a l-