t h e | p o s s é
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Plot Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tempest
Tempest

● Gender : Female
❤ Mate : Valor ♥
Treasure Treasure : 500

Plot Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Plot Ideas   Plot Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 9:34 am

The Masquerade Ball: Odyssey.
• Rumour has it that the Governor of -- is looking for the Captain - and has a business proposal. (???)
• The pack must doll up in their best finery to infiltrate a posh English-Victorian ball and try and fit with the social norms (with varying success) to avoid blowing their cover.
• There's drinks, there's ballroom dancing, music, all kinds of entertainment for newly budding couples or awkward old flames! Not to mention a variety of NPCs to interact with if wet seadogs don't tickle your fancy. Humour them, humiliate them, just keep in mind - you might never see them again. (You can apply to be the RPer for these NPCs here.)
• Someone recognises the crew and calls the peelers. The crew must take a stand and/or escape to the docks (while lookin' their best!).
• After a long night the crew and their companions retire to either local pub or the Captain's Cabin and shed their regalia and discuss their plans for the future.

A Midsummer Night's Dream (Halloween RP Event!)Odyssey.
The Odyssey happens upon a minor whaling ship whom gladly welcome the crew aboard, half her crew terrified of not pirates but sea creatures. One of the older members of the crew of gruff appearance and speech tells tales of catching a whale with great marks upon it's hide - huge! He give the word of an old sailor that he swears they were caused by some great squid - none other than the kraken!
• Shanty only scoffs at these high tales and collects their 'payment' for safe passage and allows the salty old man to board with them until the next port.
• There's a night of drinking, music and merriment, and the old man is welcomed onboard the ship as if another one of the crew. During the dinner, when most of the officers (anyone not participating) would retire to their quarters or go off on watch duty, he starts telling tales of entire crews going missing in the night, ghost ships (which Shanty, "The Ghost Captain" scoffs at also), sirens and mermaids, and of course - THE KRAKEN!
• Shanty, seeing no point in putting fire in the old stories, dismisses her gathering and sends them all off to bed for the night.
• Thus begins our journey, where the implausible becomes plausible.

A Hundred Years Is A Very Long Time: Odyssey.
"They say the Captain was married, once- Shanty! Hello-!"
"I did not love him."
"Sorry?"
"I did not love my husband."

(Cue Music) Shanty has a dream early on, after she reveals that she was married and ran away to sea to find her lover, that she visits the place where she was born during a fair. She roams the night, away from all the cheer to find her parents' graves ("the old ones were all dead and gone, the young ones turning grey"), and a memorial she had made for her lover when he first went to sea ("Johnny, I love you still") when she sees her husband in the window of her old home ("Johnny you're only joking, as many the day's gone by") with his new wife. She hears the bo'sun's whistle and awakes from her pleasant dream, to find herself on the other side of the world from what was once her home.

We'll Be In Good Company (Beforemath): Odyssey.
(Cue Music) Before she dies, Shanty comes to the place that she dreamed of, home. She wanders the streets, watching the loving mothers, wives and babes seeing off sailors. She comes to the place where her lover was buried and reminisces of old times, and then thinks of her crew and every good moment in her life. She leaves her sword and hat at his gravestone, next to his. She sheds a tear, remembering her innocence and foolishness, and smiles at what it all led to. She walks off into the sunset, determined to save her comrades from the gallows, ending her life with a noble deed.

We're Bound For Better Weather (End of an Era): Odyssey.
Most of the crew are ashore in an uncharted bay when a great company of Royal Navy ships pull in. Shanty orders remaining crew to make ready, but there is no sign of the shore party. The rest of the crew go ashore to find the others except for some younglings, but by the time they return The Odyssey has been steered by Shanty to lure away the navy. Shanty orders the young'uns to take a longboat and escape, her kicking them off only for the ship to be lit on fire and sunk with her Captain aboard, leaving all ashore and in that boat to bear witness as she sinks. (Cue Music)

The young'uns in the longboat are taken prisoner by the navy Captains and are carted off to the newest port city to await trial. The onshore crew, with no boats and too battered to fight for their comrades, survive for a week before being found by one of their fleet ships. The senior captain (most likely Vanessa or Amir) are put in charge of the remaining pirates, and all toast to the memory of their dear Captain and the captured youths. They venture to the nearest port, many holding onto the hope that they might still be able to find the youths and smuggle them out.

The youths are brought to court, a public trial. They are charged with piracy, and are to be sentenced to death, only this is the moment that Shanty, having survived what was expected to have been her final voyages by stowing away on a navy ship, singed and blackened, storms in and offers her own life in exchange, naming all her crimes, her real name, and the bounty on her head. The magister accepts, considering her offer worthwhile, but still has the youths thrown away into a cellar for eternity. (Cue Music) Shanty is shipped off for a huge public execution, all alone but for a cabinboy who stands by, watching with tears running down his face. She marches to the gallows to the sound of the drums, and one might've thought her smiling. And she was, even in that one, final, leap.

"Do not come after me. That is an order."
"But-!"
"I do not want to hear what you have to say. Don't look so bleak. The lives of three promising young lads is well worth the life of one washed up old Captain who hasn't many adventures left to live. Make me proud."

And she is just the first of the Old Ones who join Davy Jones in all his eternal glory ...
Back to top Go down
http://distant-bloods-pack.forumotion.com/
Tempest
Tempest

Plot Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Hello darkness, my old friend.   Plot Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 3:15 pm

They marched.

She looked up at the rope, swaying in the gentle breeze soft like the sweet reassuring caress of a mother. The soft caw of seagulls, trailing The Queen's Falcon as she sailed for some distant place, the loyal companions on her voyage into the unknown. A voyage that they'd soon learn she was not to accompany them on. They sailed swift on the tide, the sun peeking just barely above the horizon. It was such a lovely morning. What a good day to die.

There were the drums, here came the thrill seekers. A heavyset fellow with his fur curled and powdered climbed up a stage, squinting at the script a whelp held up for him. He had such a pleasant voice for one who'd damned so many to the noose.

"- Captain "Shanty" Liberty Vane, condemned for theft, pillaging, treason, destruction of property, and piracy. Found guilty. Turned themselves in to the law, in exchange for the freedom of three youths also condemned for crimes unmentionable -"

She didn't pay any notice to his words. She was subconsciously humming to that old song under her breath, lost in thought. She thought back to those good times. In the gypsy's camp, on the docks. Onboard The Odyssey, her dear old ship, her dear old shipmates. Oh, those dear creatures. She thought of them, and all those adventures and trials.

"- and consequently, is sentenced to death."

It'd all been worth it.

Way, haul away, we'll haul away together

She didn't fight the fellow with the dark hood. He had a strong yet somehow gentle firmness to him. The drums became louder.

Way, haul away, we'll haul away Joe

She stepped forward.

Way, haul away, we'll haul for better weather

There was a terrifying noise. The world plummeted.

Way, haul away, we'll haul away ...

Joe ...
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Tempest

Plot Ideas Empty
PostSubject: All the harm that e'er I've done, alas, it was to none but me   Plot Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 3:00 pm

The first mate stood on the quarterdeck, looking sadly down at the remaining crew of The Odyssey, gathered on deck. Vanessa knew that this day would come, that she must lead the ceremonies. To bid farewell. But not like this.

Many faces looked up at her, old and scarred or new, all shining with tears or stoic expressions of misery. Today they had lost a crewmate, a leader, and a beloved friend.

There was a soft whining of mournful pipes as she built up her speech.

"She was ... an inspiration to all of us. A friend. A warrior ... A hero."
She said. "She led us through triumph and defeat, through the darkness and into the light. She led us to victories many times over, and, in the end, sacrificed herself to save us all. Not once, but twice. I can say, without a doubt, that we couldn't possibly have had a better Captain."

"So, to you, Liberty Vane, our Captain Shanty of The Odyssey. Let us fill a parting glass, drink to her memory, and give her a send-off fitting of her deeds!"

The full broadside fired, and a burst of blinding light filled the place of the darkness. Embers fell like starlight over the still water, and a shroud of smoke lingered in the air. It cleared slowly, and there stood ranks of those who had had the pleasure to sail with their captain. A hundred voices filled the air. A force so powerful that it travelled over water to the other ships that lingered in the bay.

"Fill to me, the parting glass ..."
"And drink to health, wha'ever befalls ..."

"And gently rise, and softly call ..."

"Goodnight and joy be to you all."

Goodnight and joy be to you all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plot Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas   Plot Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plot Ideas