t h e | p o s s é
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

The Red Dawn

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tempest
Tempest

● Gender : Female
❤ Mate : Valor ♥
Treasure Treasure : 500

The Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: The Red Dawn   The Red Dawn Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 1:06 pm

I CHOSE THIS FATE..........................
A LONG TIME AGO

I DO NOT NEED YOUR MORAL IDEALS...............................................
I SHAN'T BE RULED BY SOMEONE ELSE'S CONSCIOUS

I'm wanted in every county of this land, and I shall deny all but one today. Be honoured.

One day I will hear the sweet voice of destiny, calling me homeward

Justice calls. Have no pity on my soul

Last edited by Tempest on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://distant-bloods-pack.forumotion.com/
Tempest
Tempest

The Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Dr. Cormac, Allegiance To None    The Red Dawn Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 6:03 am

Born somewhere in the highlands, not many know of Dr. Cormac's history or even her true name or purpose. She spent many years at foreign dig sites, posed as a man, served in the war, and her collection of fine arts and relics is well known among enthusiasts. Her true nature, however, is a mystery to most. A treasure hunter, fortune seeker and pursuer of the dark arts. She has posed as a naval captain, a beggar, and - of course - a doctor for many years and has travelled to every new land there is to travel to. Despite being well into her fifties (or so we've been told), she still looks as if she's in her early thirties. There are rumours that she made a deal with unnatural beings a long time ago, and that whatever she exchanged on that fateful night years ago, was not enough ...

Current owner of the Crusty Crab Inn
● Hates being called 'Miss' 'Missus' 'Lady' etc. Will always introduce herself as 'Doctor Cormac'
● Owns her own barque, the Belle of Blackwood, however no crew has ever seen board or make port from the vessel
 Carries an ornate walking cane with a simple gun built into it, cleverly concealed within handle, carved like some sort of exotic bird Similar to this?
● Plain, well tailored gentleman's dress. Suit, vest, trousers and spanish leather lady's boots (???)
● Owns a Great Horned Owl called Redbeard and her own steed, a grumpy stallion nicknamed Black Jack Davy
● Has an affinity for red foxes, crows and owls, yet dislikes cats and seems to have a mild fear of wolves
● No morals, little honour, allegiance to none
● Some say that her shadow does not look entirely human, and that they swear that sometimes it looks as if it has horns, crooked legs and a snout

Last edited by Tempest on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:15 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Tempest

The Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Valiant Valerine Vane, the Virtuous   The Red Dawn Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 7:12 am

Raised on the streets, Vane was already an accomplished thief by his own right. It is well known that Vane's father was a pitiful man, taking his own life early and leaving behind a struggling family. Vane started work at a young age and toiled many years before finally succumbing to the temptation of crime. It is rumoured that he fought in a resistance against the magistrate before a tragedy that lost Vane's mother and young sister their lives and left him fleeing for the open ocean, leaving his humble beginnings behind. Not much is known after that, although there is gossip that he had fell into influences of certain crime groups, spend time as a carpenter's mate onboard a flagship and even joined travelling show of sorts before finally making port and vacating to a shady pub where he met a shady individual. There word first came to his ears of an infamous captain in need of a crew...

● First Mate and Chief of Riflemen
● Charming however not necessarily gentlemanly, but certainly not rough by any means
● Is infamous in ... certain port cities, for a variety of reasons
● Fantastic aim and reflexes; the best shots you'll find outside the Royal Army
● Has a rifle sentimentally nicknamed Catherine for reasons unknown
● Strangely agile and athletic for his rank
● Typically wears a loose frilled shirt, red sash around the hip, trousers and Hessians. Seems to have a small collection of hats with prominent plumes for special occasions

Huuuuuge Backstory:

Last edited by Tempest on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:09 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : BACKSTORY THING NEEDS A LOT OF EDITING)
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Tempest

The Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Lawrence Radcliffe, Privateer   The Red Dawn Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 11:37 am

William Lawrence Radcliffe was born to a family of influence and raised on the sea. He sailed almost everyday since he was only twelve years old 'til a horrible storm left him and his ship stuck in dry dock with no promise of signing on under a new captain. After two months of rotting from boredom, he finally applied for a commission in the local army corps. He stayed in the army for well over two years, becoming a respected redcoat among his fellows. However he was to be recalled to the navy before gaining any significant rank. Not many chaps returned from war, and there were few men that had seniority to captain a ship. Lawrence was one of the few favourable enough to be trusted with a frigate. And so he became Captain Lawrence Radcliffe, and was expected to even make Commodore should the winds favour him.

● Insists on being called Lawrence or (Capt. / Mr.) Radcliffe; detests his father's name
● Gentlemanly; generally seen as a nice fellow if a little stern and occasionally clumsy
● Very lightweight drinker; seems to pass out immediately
● Likes tea
● Usually wears his uniform(s) or casual gentleman's wear; always pristine and with flawless hygiene

(Gets captured by pirates ..? Is hired for some sort of mission and has to work beside the others ..?)

Last edited by Tempest on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Tempest

The Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: The Captain and the Seven Dwarves   The Red Dawn Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 10:00 am

They both shushed up in surprise as a short child with a grubby face ran up to them. "Captain Aunty!" The child cried out in glee. "Fore! 'Ello, kiddo! How's the little ones going? Ma?" The little face brightened up, grinning away. "Well! They'll want to see you."

"...Four? As in child number four ..?" Vane asked, brow raised questionably at the cruel nickname. The Captain laughed. "No, he's firstborn." She scampered off after the disappearing child, dismissing the subject and leaving a very confused first mate in the dust.

After catching up to the surprisingly speedy sea-goer and the street urchin, Vane found himself following them into many dark, filthy alleys and darting around corners, struggling to keep them in their sight. It was only after about ten minutes of this kerfuffle did they finally arrive at their destination.

The door was probably painted a cheerful red once upon a time, but now it was peeling and rough. The hovel was cosy, if falling around their ears and dusty. But by the candle light, it felt just like home.

"Ma!" The grubby kid hollered unceremoniously into the quiet residence.

"We've got visitors!"

Then little head popped out of nowhere, like daisies in the spring. One at a time a small child seemed to materialise from the darkness and dust.

"Main! Mizzen, Jigger! Driver, Pusher, Spanker!" The Captain greeted as children swarmed around her like flies around a cow's rear end. It was only after she had named all the lil' urchins did her first mate realise the theme. They were the names of masts of a ship. 

"How nice to see all y'all. Where's yar Ma?"

And then the door from the loft was kicked open by a great force, and out of it exploded the Captain's sister.

"Miranda!"
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Tempest

The Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Dawn   The Red Dawn Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 8:15 am

She watched the gun with careful attention. He had an itchy trigger finger by the look of it, and by the way he was shaking the gun would go off even if he didn't mean for it to. He was quite amazed when the pirate casually sidestepped just before the pistol cracked out fire, when even he didn't expect it to go off.

"I- I'm so sorry!" The young soldier cried, throwing the gun into a pail of water the crew had left on deck before they were rudely interrupted. The pistol gurgled as it sunk into the bucket, and it was only then that the redcoat noticed he had left himself unarmed.

The pirate raised her own gun to his face.

"Now," she said, quite satisfied with the progress of today. "If you'd care t' tell me where you're keeping our dear friend." There was a hint of a smile at her lips.

The soldier's eyes widened with alarm at the sight of the gun, then he glanced at the pirate's grubby face. She looked quite wild, half of her long brown hair was plastered to her face, the rest blew around her head, shining like spun gold in the sunlight. There seemed to be some blood coming from a graze on her cheek, but she seemed unfazed by that. In fact, there was even a gleam in her eye that betrayed her otherwise quite deadly expression.

"You're bluffing?" The observation came out more like a hopeful question. The pirate squinted at him, and he awaited a swift death. But he was denied that, the pirate lowered her weapon.

"I can't tell if you're the bravest man I've met, or just an idiot."

She shot his leg.

He collapsed.

She stood over him, arms crossed and grinning wickedly. "And now, good sir, you have about five minutes before you bleed out." He groaned. "I assure you we have nothing to do with those blasted spies. There's something else that is of value to me."

"They're hiding in a smuggler's compartment, that's all I can tell you."

Satisfied, the pirate summoned her mate. A spanish man in a loose shirt and hat appeared from the fighting tops, she handed her still-loaded and smoking gun to him. "Vane, pray take care of this gentlemen." She said, confirming all of Lawrence's fears. The lieutenant pointed the pistol at the crumpled man's forehead.

Then he offered his hand.

"Don't make a fuss and we'll be square, mate." Vane said friendly enough, pulling the fellow to his feet and giving him a shoulder to learn on, the gun casually aimed at the bloke's temple.

"Aren't you going to kill me? You are pirates, aren't you?"

This provoked a hideous snort from Vane. "Mate, if we killed every fisherman, sailor and soldier on the seas there'd be no one left plunder. Besides, fellas fight better when they know it's their lives on the line, like you." He flashed a smile, kicked down the door to the ship surgeon's and laid the fellow down on one of the empty cots. This was when the captain waltzed in.

"Vane, you're needed on deck." The mate looked up and nodded.

"Good luck, soldier." He said, ducking out quickly to oversee the prisoners, plundering and repairs. The she-pirate looked back down at the fellow whose leg was currently being treated.

"What's your name, soldier?" She asked. "Just so we know what to put on your gravestone." She added, smiling again, which didn't make sense. They didn't have grave markers at sea. Perhaps that was her idea of a joke.

"Captain Radcliffe. Lawrence Radcliffe." He said through the seething pain of getting a musket ball removed and his leg seared with hot metal.

She nodded. "Miranda, but it'd be best if you avoid calling me that. Captain Nightingale would do nicely."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Red Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Dawn   The Red Dawn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Red Dawn

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
t h e | p o s s é :: g e n e r a l-